Meet the Artist:

I was born and raised in Colorado and love the little details that weird out non-natives. Like the fact I was born in a Colorado desert complete with tumbleweeds, dust devils and coyotes (somehow everyone thinks that the entire state is mountains and snow and everyone skis) and my hometown has a two-day holiday and parade celebrating a headless, circus freak chicken: Mike the Headless Chicken Days!

In my photography, rather than the stereotypical mountain landscapes most Colorado photography focuses on, I like to catch shots of pretty little details that most people would just pass by.

I’ve always loved science – especially genetics and biology – about as much as I love illustration, comics and animation of just about every genre. From The Peanuts to Space Boy and Lackadaisy; from Fleischer to Pixar, Laika and Ghibli; I even like the art of Jim Henson puppetry and videogames from Minecraft- or Undertale/Deltarune-style pixel art to things like the Virtual Villagers series or the Bendy and the Ink Machine franchise! I really prefer the diversely expressive capabilities of stylized art for the telling of stories over the limited abilities of live-action and photo realism – but that doesn’t mean I can’t do realism!

I've combined my loves of science and expressive stylization into an educational graphic novel about neurodiversity (e.g. autism/Aspergers, ADHD, dyslexia, etc), which is a subject extra near and dear to my heart as it effects both myself and my closest friends and family. My stylized drawings are done with micron pen and colored pencil while my realistic pieces are usually done with either charcoal, colored pencil or oil paint.

I intend to keep my art and stories a family-friendly zone – no nudity, gore or profanity. I’m okay with showing things like blood, tattoos and kissing sometimes; the point is that I refuse to do NSFW stuff. EVER. Don’t even bother asking, it’s not happening.

Social Media:

My Wordpress blog is the new home of my Autism/Aspergers: Different, Not "Defective," Celiac & Gluten-Free and Neurological Issues pages. The autism/Aspergers page has been polished and expanded A LOT since I first posted it on Digication so, if you read it while it was here, you might wanna re-read it.

You can also follow me, myself, on LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr, Mix, Twitter and Instagram! Pinterest is the most active of these six, haha; my schedule's incredibly busy right now. My favorite board is My Random Fandoms, for reasons that should be fairly obvious to anyone who knows anything about me...  <Slowly lowers flashing neon "NERD" sign to eternally hover above head>

In other news... I now own and run an official studio which you can follow on Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, and you can now purchase prints of my artwork from the OFFICIAL Sensorium Studios website!

And now... follow the Neuromenagerie Facebook, Tumblr & Twitter pages, as well, for updates specifically about that!

Contact Form:

If you have any questions, requests, messages from our robot overlords, etc… this is the place to slap ’em, haha! Look forward to hearing from you~!